top of page

Abram's Animal Farm

 

Address: 160 Spring St, Block Island RI

Don’t miss our Farm & Aviary, located across the street from The 1661 Inn. It is home to a menagerie of animals including camels, llamas, pygmy and fainting goats, black swans, a yak, a zebu, lemurs, red kangaroos and more. The farm is open year-round during daylight hours for kids and kids at heart to enjoy.

 

Website: https://blockislandresorts.com/exotic-farm-and-gardens/

Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/Abrams-Animal-Farm/247223145300516

Phone: (401) 466-2421

Fred Benson Town Beach

Address: 7 Corn Neck Rd Block Island, RI

This newly renovated facility offers:

  • Bathrooms

  • Chair/umbrella rentals

  • Changing rooms

  • Full concessions area

  • Hot showers

  • Lifeguarded beach

Website: www.newshorehamri.gov/335/Facilities

Phone:  401-466-3223

Email: dsniffen@newshorehamri.gov

North Light 

Adress: Corn Neck Rd Block Island, RI

After three lighthouses were lost at the north end of Block Island within 38 years, the Lighthouse Bureau set about in 1867 to build the fourth light, the one we see today. Solidly built of huge, imported stone blocks. The North Light has stood for over 150 years performing its duty. The builders of 1867 finally found the appropriate site. The North Light still performs for us. It conducts a symphony for our vision - looming when you stand near, and at a distance, discretely poking its iron tower above the dunes. Also, a great place to watch the seals in the water and on the land. 

 

Website: https://www.newshorehamri.gov/322/North-Light

Phone: 401-466-3200

Payne Overlook & Mohegan Bluffs

Adress: 122 Mohegan Trail Block Island, RI

At Payne Overlook, a few hundred yards west of the Southeast Lighthouse, stairs with more than 150 steps descend to the beach below. For many visitors, the steps, the beach below and the trip back up the steps are the most memorable part of their Block Island trip.

Southeast Lighthouse

 

Address: 122 Mohegan Trail, Block Island, RI

Block Island's Southeast Lighthouse is a National Historic Landmark built in 1873. It was moved back from the edge of Mohegan Bluff in 1993. 

Guided Lighthouse Tower Tours are available.

Hours: 10 am to 4 pm daily / Late June thru Labor Day. Weekends only in early Summer and Fall.

Website: https://southeastlighthouse.org/

bottom of page